Thursday, June 13, 2019

Training in Florida for Pactour Elite Ridge of the Rockies

In preparation for this trip, I spent some time in Florida over the winter riding in the nice weather. I did a lot of group rides on weekends and solo rides during the week. This photo is of me on a group ride heading toward Marco Island in early February. I came back to Indiana in March and started riding even more. The last two weeks have been a little over 500 miles each week and the six weeks prior to that were between 400 and 500 miles each week.

Starting Sunday June 16, I'll be joining Pactour again for a trip from El Paso Texas to Kalispell Montana. It will take 12 days, averaging just shy of 160 miles per day. In 2014, I rode with Pactour from Kalispell to Albuquerque in 18 days. So we'll go the opposite direction and cover almost 200 more miles in six fewer days. This one will be a major challenge but I can't wait to get started.

At the end of each day of riding I plan to do a post with some pictures from the day plus some information on how the day went. I'll also try to include some information on the route with mileage, elevation and other points of interest. Thank you for following the journey!

Additional photos and information can be found by visiting www.pactour.com

No comments:

Post a Comment