Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Day 3 - Santa Fe New Mexico to Pagosa Springs Colorado

I've made a full recovery from the last two days. The cooler weather has been the difference and the slightly shorter mileage has helped as well. 154 miles is still a lot of riding but it is more manageable than the previous two days.

The scenery today was much more interesting than the previous two days. We are actually in the mountains now. I tried to get a few pictures of the more remarkable sections of the route. It poured rain the last five miles in to town this afternoon. It went from 70 to 52 in about 10 minutes. I was glad it happened almost at the end instead of the beginning so I wasn't in wet clothes all day.

Tomorrow we head north and west to Ouray Colorado. I've ridden most of the route before and it is spectacular. It will be in the low 40's when we leave and won't get much above 65 or so the whole day so another nice cool day for riding.

No comments:

Post a Comment