Saturday, June 22, 2019

Day 6 - Addendum

Hi, all, Michele here!  Because I knew *I* would want to see the snow photos and the actual conditions that Steve couldn't get photos of, I thought I'd jump in and share some photos taken by the PacTour crew of the conditions a few miles shy of Douglas Pass.  The post is all mine - Steve doesn't realize I'm doing this.  Yet.  The photos are courtesy of PacTour, who provide a Flickr album for those following along at home. 



I think this is the stop about halfway up the mountain Steve writes about. That is not him riding in.
   


You can see that the snow is affecting visibility, but no one was actually up on the pass with a camera. Well, except for the *snow plow driver...*  Remember, this is the first day of summer.  
And then there was lunch at a balmy 65 degrees with scenery like this.
I couldn't resist.  I've seen this ranch entrance sign before and it always makes me laugh!


So, apparently I can do more with one post online via the laptop than Steve can with his phone, which is why my post can have multiple photos and his do not.  But, given he's blogging after an average of 161 miles of riding per day, we'll cut him some slack.  And now, back to your official blogger! 

















2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for adding the photos. It's hard to believe that it was the first day of summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Sweetie! Thanks! Just reading through the blog, looking for comments that Steve needed to reply to. He's safely back with me and appreciates the support and the fact that you read the blog! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete