Saturday, September 20, 2014

2014 Ridge of the Rockies epilogue

This morning I'm back in Santa Fe at the beginning of a ten day long hiking and sightseeing trip through New Mexico, Colorado and Utah. One of the few downsides of a bike trip is when you see something interesting, you generally don't have the time or ability to hike back in to further explore it. So I'm looking forward to doing that now.

The 2014 Ridge of the Rockies was a great success. In addition to perfect weather, I had no mechanical problems, not even a single flat tire. Other than just being saddle sore from sitting on a bike seat for 1,700 + miles, I had no physical problems at all. We had favorable winds throughout most of the trip and fantastic scenery.

I want to thank Lon and Susan, the owners of Pactour, in addition to crew members Tracy, Bill, Jerry, John, Veronica, Barb, Debbie and George. They all worked hard to make the trip a success.

Thanks again to my roommate Ethan from California. I first met Ethan two years on the Eastern Mountains Tour. He has made these trips even more fun. As with Eastern Mountains, we spent at least half of this trip riding together. He brought his friend, Tom Driscoll, from California, and we rode together a lot of the miles. The fourth member of our group was Scott Pretti from Pennsylvania. I really enjoyed riding with the four of you. Thanks for making the trip extra fun.

Thanks to those who checked in with me throughout the trip including, David Hayes, Tim Perkins, Phillip Hanna, Greg Marshall, Andrea Marshall, Sophie Marshall, Luke Marshall, and Vincent from Hesitation Point Bike. I know there were many people who followed this blog but did not comment. I hope you enjoyed reading about the trip as much as I enjoyed telling you about it. Thanks to my mom and dad for keeping track of me every day and for caring that I arrived safely to the hotel each day. Thanks for caring enough to worry but at the same time supporting what I do. That means the world to me. Thanks to Michele and Kate for the support for my crazy adventures and for meeting me out here in New Mexico to start the next adventure.

At this point, I don't know when the next trip will be. But when it happens I will be here taking pictures, telling stories and blogging about it. In the meantime, one of the people on our trip is creating a YouTube video of the trip. If you are interested in seeing it, let me know and I will provide you the link to it when he finishes it.

1 comment:

  1. Steve hi. This is Shandos. Your server at the Metal Room at Mesa Verde National Park. How have you and your family been. Hope all is good. Yall were a great fun
    My email is cycletazz2@gmail.com
    Hope to hear from you.

    ReplyDelete