Saturday, May 25, 2013

Day 14 -

Today was the second longest mileage day of the whole trip at 196. It was a long day but I really felt pretty good. The first 50 miles were tough but by around 80 or 90 miles I started feeling good and by mile 130 I felt the best I have the whole trip. I'm not really sure why I recovered throughout the day but the more I rode, the stronger I got. I rode the whole day with Mark, Brett and Scott. Our abilities are pretty evenly matched so we make a good team. Anything though beats riding by yourself all day, although there are people here who do ride alone. The people who ride alone do so for a variety of reasons. Some of the riders are afraid of getting in to an accident with other riders(it does happen) and some want to test themselves to see if they can do the trip solo. For me, what we are attempting to do is hard enough without doing things to make it tougher. If riding with others makes my odds of finishing higher, that's what I'm going to do. But, everyone has their own goals and methods and that's what makes it interesting.

Tomorrow we start the first of the last three days of the trip, which are characterized by shorter mileage days. At a mere 154 miles, tomorrow's ride to Eufaula Alabama should be relatively easy as far as Pactour Elite goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment