Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Day 17 - Conway New Hampshire to Portland Maine

The final day of the trip was a 100 mile ride from the New Hampshire mountains to the coast of Maine. This morning we passed by many lakes nestled among the colorful trees and valleys. As we got closer to the coast the roads got busier but we started catching glimpses of the ocean in many places. It was fun riding through Kennebunkport. It is a seaside town that, although it has become touristy in recent years, is still a neat place to check out. From there, we followed the coast all the way in to Portland. We passed through Old Orchard Beach which is the quintessential summer beach town.

As I said yesterday, I'm glad and sad the trip is over. But I think I'm mostly glad because this adventure needs to end before another one can begin. I will post an Epilogue in the next day or two with some final thoughts once I've had some time to reflect. It was a trip that far exceeded my expectations and I had high expectations. Hats off to the entire Pactour staff and fellow riders for a fantastic adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment