Friday, September 21, 2012

Day 13 - Norwich New York to Clifton Park New York

That was a very painful 120 miles. Even though I rode a decent pace, because I've been compensating for the right knee pain by using my left leg more, guess what? Yep, now my left knee is just as bad as the right one. Despite that, I was still among the first 6 or 7 riders to get here. Luckily we only have 85 miles to ride tomorrow. Today I also compensated by riding a bit slower but limiting my time at stops. I didn't stop at the last stop at all just because it's too hard to get going again. Plus the traffic the last 10 miles was really bad and I knew the later it got in the afternoon the worse it would be. So the mission today was just to get in in one piece and start resting for tomorrow.

We rode through some beautiful scenery today. There were a lot of nice farms and Amish country leaving Norwich. Cooperstown was a real surprise. The town is really neat. Lots of tree lined streets and restored old homes, many of which have been converted to bed and breakfasts. Then there are also lots of interesting shops. Then on the eastern edge of town is Otsego Lake that extends on probably five miles back to the east. Cooperstown is one place we have seen so far that I would like to come back to. I was extremely impressed. And if you were a baseball fan, that would just be icing on the cake with the Hall of Fame. After Cooperstown, we followed the Mohawk River for many miles through Schenectady and on in to the Albany area. The Albany area is not impressive, too much traffic and lots of road construction.

Tomorrow we head for another state, Vermont. I'm hoping we can quickly get out of Clifton Park and on some quiet roads.

No comments:

Post a Comment